How Do We Know Our Children Are Ready?
Some signs of readiness are:
1. Your child can pull their pants on and off
2. Your child can stay dry for periods of time throughout the day
3. Your child shows interest in what goes on in the bathroom
4. They can sit on the toilet without resistance
5. They may start to hide to poop or pee
6. They let you know they need to go to the bathroom
If your child is showing these signs, it might be time to start the training process. Toilet training is a new skill for children so it is important to be supportive and as consistent as possible.