Our dynamic teams provide opportunities for children and families to learn through specialized programs in their home and community. We support children and their families believing children learn best through play and within naturally occurring day-to-day activities. Using an “I do, we do, you do” model for learning, we work through the stages of skill development together with children, families, and community partners. Together, we develop strong, flexible programs.
We take pride in our positive workplace culture that is preserved through an environment of respect, collaboration, creativity and wellness. This forms the foundation of the excellent work we do with families, children, community partners and each other. We value what you will bring to our team and we want to be part of your professional journey.
Lead Foundation is committed to maximizing our staff’s personal and professional growth through:
- A supportive and positive team of professionals and para-professionals
- Flexible work hours and work environment
- A competitive salary
- An amazing benefits package that prioritizes staff wellness
- Mileage and expenses reimbursement
- Continuous professional development opportunities
- A chance to have fun while making a difference in the lives of children and their families
Work With Us
Lead Foundation is proud to employ a diverse and talented group of staff that work together to provide high quality, effective, and creative services for families in our Lead foundation programs.
Our dedicated teams include:
- Child Developmental Specialists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Behaviour Specialists
- Teachers/Early Learning Coordinators
- Clinical Coordinators
- Administrative Support Staff
All staff must maintain a current Police Check and Child Intervention Check.
Child Development Specialist
If you are looking for a position where you can make a difference with children and their families, while working with a dedicated and dynamic team, then Lead Foundation is the place for you.
You will work with us to provide community-based supports in pre-schools, daycares, and private homes. Utilizing a multi-disciplinary team, we support children and families with their individual needs and self-esteem within a family focused program.
Currently Seeking P/T mornings.
Your responsibilities include:
- Working with Lead’s teams & families to achieve functional, developmentally appropriate goals for children and their families;
- Providing support in developing each child’s individual needs within a family focused program, either within their home or community facility;
- Planning, creating, and adapting materials and activities for each child.
- Acting as an ambassador for Lead.
What You Bring to the Team:
- 1-5 years experience working with children and their families.
- A combination of experience and education related to child development and behaviour or play based learning is an asset.
- Knowledge of home, community and preschool goal-based activities is an asset.
- Current Alberta driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, along with a teamwork attitude.
- Good knowledge of technology.
Current police clearance (from the last 6 months) and an updated Child Intervention Record Check is required.
Candidates are asked to email a resume and cover letter outlining how their experience/background fits with this position, to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn With Us
- graduate entry-level employment
- volunteer opportunities
Available learning opportunities for students are regularly posted on this page. Interested graduates are welcome to forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.